Whether you’re new to the area or have been a local for years, sometimes you need a new place to check out. Spring Hill is thriving with tons of local businesses – so are our neighbors, Franklin and Columbia. With Spring cleaning and a few holidays on the horizon (Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, and Easter), you might be looking to spruce up your space.
I’ve got you covered. Do you need some new furniture in Spring Hill? Maybe you’re looking for a DIY project, so you’d prefer a thrift store in Franklin or Columbia. Whether your style is shabby chic, modern farmhouse, or something entirely different, you’re bound to find a gem at one of these shops and markets.
You’ll notice I left out the big, well-known chains. We’re proud of our local businesses in Southern Middle Tennessee! Plus, most people are familiar with a lot of the big box stores and chains. Plus, shopping at these boutiques, antique shops, and markets mean you’re much more likely to bring home a one-of-a-kind find.
Local Favorite Shops in Spring Hill & Middle TN
- Vintage 615 Boutique Clothing & Decor
- 5075 Main St, Spring Hill, TN 37174
- You’ll find adorable, local-themed decor and a furniture showroom at this popular local boutique. New items come in all the time, so you’ll find plenty of reasons to visit the friendly staff. Looking for hand-painted signs or a sweet gift for anyone from a new baby to Grandma? This is your place!
- 5323 Main St, Spring Hill, TN 37174
- Fireflies is a great place for cute throw pillows, vintage-look quilts, and seasonal decor. The store is jam-packed with accent pieces, furniture, and decor from different vendors. It’s also a great place to pick up some cute clothes or accessories for yourself.
- The Nashville Flea Market
- 625 Smith Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203
- Okay, this is a bit of a drive, but this once-a-month local favorite is totally worth in. You can always pick up something amazing: unique handmade goods, delicious local food, or even hard-to-find vintage items. If you enjoy bartering, you might try visiting on Sunday afternoon – some attendees find vendors are more willing to deal toward the end of the weekend. It’s also a family-friendly event – you can even bring the fur-babies 🙂 Don’t miss it!
- The Pink Porch
- 1326 Trotwood Ave, Columbia, TN 38401
- The Pink Porch is a well-loved local establishment that sells antiques, refurbished furniture, clothing, and accessories. Employees are happy and eager to help you find the perfect gift or clothing item. In addition to the super-cute decor, you’ll find a wide range of clothing sizes, including plus-size items. You can’t go wrong here!
- Faith & Nate
- 2025 Wall St, Spring Hill, TN 37174
- Faith & Nate’s tagline is “A Boutique Born From Love” and if you visit their website, you’ll find out why: the boutique is named for the owners’ precious children. Faith is their daughter who has been diagnosed with a rare speech disorder. And Nate, their beautiful son, was lost at just 21 weeks. Out of this heartache, the Faith & Nate boutique was born with a vision to contribute to important research into the health issues that affected these kids. You can feel good shopping here, knowing you are supporting important research. And, of course, you’ll walk out with something you absolutely love.
Second Hand, Vintage, & Antique Shops
- Our Thrift Store
- 1018 Columbia Ave, Franklin, TN 37064
- Locals love this Franklin thrift store for many reasons. The selection of quality, used items is great. The store is clean, well-organized, and a pleasure to shop in. But more than anything, shoppers appreciate Our Thrift Store’s community focus. The store employs individuals with disabilities in the community. It also supports those who serve out country and community, with military, police, and fire fighters getting 20% off all clothing (that’s not already on sale).
- Carters Creek Station Antiques
- 2978 Carter’s Creek Station Rd., Columbia, TN — 38401
- According to their website, this antique district “specializes in dust and rust.” It’s located just a few minutes south of Spring Hill (despite the Columbia address) and is the perfect place to get your shabby chic or farmhouse fix.
- Like New Used Furniture And More
- 2746, 106 Walnut St, Spring Hill, TN 37174
- Locals never know what they’ll find in this little gem. The owner is friendly and helpful and always keeps the place packed with great pieces of solid-wood furniture. Many items get a fresh coat of paint, so if you’re looking for a bright coffee table or a farmhouse pedastal table, this might be the place to look.
- 4890 Nolensville Rd, Nashville, TN 37211
- This is a Nashville area thrift store, but definitely worth the drive! While some of the items may need a coat of paint or a little TLC, you’ll also find vintage and antique furniture and decor. Getting rid of large items and don’t have a truck? You can schedule a furniture pickup with Thriftsmart. Pro tip: check out the sales calendar on the Thriftsmart website. Furniture is included in half-of sales (usually once or twice a month), so it’s totally worth the drive on those days.
- Graceworks – 2 local locations
- 104 Southeast Pkwy, Franklin, TN 37064
- 2382 Fairview Boulevard, Suite 102, Fairview, TN 37062
- Not only do shoppers rave about the great items and deals they find here, but they can’t stop talking about the good Graceworks Ministries does for the community. Graceworks provides essential needs for Williamson County residents who need help with food, shelter, or other items. One person raved about how Graceworks helped them when they lost their home in a fire. Through the support of those shopping at and donating to Graceworks, they were able to provide a home full of clothing and furniture. You can feel good about shopping here!